10.13.2010

Day 2: Favorite Movie

It was a tough call. "The Rose" has been my absolute favorite movie hands down since I first saw it. Then I remembered "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." The premise is incredible. You can go to this clinic and have your bad memories erased. Unfortunately, to forget the bad you also have to forget the good because the person or pet has to be completely eliminated... as if you'd never met. How many of us have wished that? "I wish I had never met you!" Said in anger at the end of a relationship, both parties intent on inflicting their own pain over the breakup upon each other. Believe me, there are people I wish I hadn't met in my life. Sometimes... Then I think of the good, before it got so mindnumbing and awful. Well, I wouldn't have that memory.... or I wouldn't have these amazing children... or I just wouldn't be the person I am today. Experience grows a person up, molds his or her mind and personality into what it will be when they are old and grey. To eliminate a part of your past is just.... well, stupid. This one will stay in my top two. If you haven't seen it, seriously... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? It's worth it to see Kate Winslet with awesome blue hair. (On a side note, I am totally going to do that one day.... as soon as I find blue hair dye.)



" I could die right now, Clem. I'm just... happy. I've never felt that before. I'm just exactly where I want to be."
"Joel, hide me in your humiliation!"
"Look at it out here, it's all falling apart. I'm erasing you and I'm happy!"
"Meet me in Montauk."

0 comments:

Post a Comment